Saturday, October 09, 2010

THE ONE WORKING YEAR

It has been long since the last time I wrote.

It was a year ago when I started my very first posting in the O&G department, the subject I used to like when I was a student doctor. Yet another two days mark the one year of my working life. It has not been the most productive year. Yes I am working, but I just do not feel me being as active and sincere in what I am doing as I used to. Moaning is like a must in daily life. I hate it, trying so very hard to control myself but it is just inevitable. I wonder where has all the passion gone?

O&G and medical. The worst has passed. Surgery has been quite an enjoyable posting, especially when I was given a chance to perform appendicectomy by the nicest MO - it has been a turning point, I used not to enjoy the posting before - but now, I would not mind if being called back as an M.O. Provided my favourite Miss and HOD are still there. Logbook signed up and sent. Presentation done despite the rush after being cancelled and having to make a rearrangement. Viva is coming up tomorrow. I am hoping for an easy pass but those previous viva questions that came across me ears sound very tough, questions like what the expected results of FNAC and biopsy in breast/thyroid disease are (which I still have not been looking for the answers), so I will just pray for the best. I do not mind if they are going to extend me, provided they put me in SOPD and no oncalls for the 3 months extension time. And another appendicectomy! These sound great that I might ask for an extension myself, but why would I , if I do not have to?

Off for another two days before the next posting in the emergency department, starting Tuesday (provided I passed the viva). When I was in my first posting, every H.O. were saying A&E is the best posting in terms of the working time - they have their postcall day off you see. So like in the UK. But the new shift system does not sound as great as before, and worst, there has been complaints about it. No comment on my behalf now. Wait and see when I myself be in that department. In the meantime, I will free myself from thinking about hospital and enjoy the less than 72 hours of holiday. At home. So true, there is no place like home.

No comments: