Monday, December 20, 2004

YORK AND DURHAM

Went to Durham 3 days ago, with a day trip to York on Saturday.


What a nice town!! York was so cool!! I was so impressed. It was probably the maitenance of the old building that make it a classic town.


Reached there before 10 a.m., then headed to York Minster, which I did not enter, (honestly coz it was charged) since I was saving my money for the what I heard as a scary and horror place to go to. And that was the York Dungeon. I had always wished to enter this kind of haunted house, and there I was... it wasn't really haunted though. There were neither ghosts flying around nor creepy sounds. It was more a historical story of the place, hence being a good place to those who are interested n history, which apparently, isn't my type at all!!

There were 5 shows in there. No need to tell everything here, better if u go and find them out by urselves. Except for 2 things that I'd like to mention here; first I was so shocked when the scary looking guy who acted as a doctor, threw the heart of a dead man (which I believed was a fake one) towards me and Kak Sarah. It was the surprise having somebody to throw things unexpectedly towards us that made us so shocked, well, at least I was so shocked until I produced no sound at all. Can't imagine if somebody took my pic that time. Heh;D


2nd is about the torture room, where they tell u about how people were being tortured in the past. One that looked so real was THE RAT. A rat was put in a cage above the victim, where a burning coal was placed above the cage to stimulate that rat to find a way out. And...the only way out is through the man's gut so it has to quickly bite the victim's abdomen to release itself... what a torture!!

Then went to designer outlet. Did not shopping that much after all...should save my money for the boxing day...hehe...hope things are on a real bargain price, as what I have always heard from the first week I came here :)

Had a fabulous time with Kak Jua, Kak Sarah and Kak Farah in Durham and York. Thanks akak2 semue!! Korang memang bes!!

Now, back to Newcastle again. I love being here anyway, thanks to the Almighty god to have been giving the opportunity to study here. I don't know what I like so much about Newcastle, but I know I love being here (semangat newcastle la plak, hehe). By the way, now looking forward to having a nice trip to London and Southampton.

View more pictures here: http://fifa84.fotopages.com/?entry=300283

No comments: