Sunday, October 11, 2009

THE PROLOGUE

I have just completed my induction and BTN course this afternoon. By right, I have already started working six days ago, as the pay slip for new doctors starts on the very first day they attend the induction. Induction was ok although I was expecting more talks about how health system works in Malaysia especially knowing that more than 99% of the participants were oversea graduates. And I do not have any intention to make any comments about BTN - loads of the government servants must have already known what it is all about!

I had survived my five years MBBS course which tortured me the most in my third year. I had survived the nearly two months well deserved break which had turned out to be too boring at some points that I had crazy thoughts haunting me (thank goodness Harry Potter books saved me from those thoughts - and by the way, raya and having a full house was great!)

I had survived the six days period of induction and BTN course, learning more about being a government servant in general or the so called 'house officers' in particular, and being proud to be a Malaysian, and not to forget the latest slogan that we have - the '1 Malaysia'. I had survived the long journey back to home, being the passenger for the first time at the backseat of the soon to be TAW 997. I had survived the very long thought about future life throughout the whole journey (minus two hours of the badly needed fine quality sleep, finally!) although practically I am still left with no wise decision.

After hibernating for nearly two months, today is very tiring! But I believe today is just the prologue. Tomorrow is chapter 1 - where the new era begins!

ps: to the patients coming to Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah, Kuala Terengganu, please beware of this new doctor coming to serve you.

No comments: