Wednesday, May 13, 2009

RAHMA



I bought this CD so that I can play it in the car while driving around at least 35 miles every weekdays of my placement in Wansbeck General Hospital. Yes, I have to buy the original CD - the CD player apparently only accept ori ones.

It was worth the money. I like all of of the nasyeed in this album. Not a lot, only eight. But all have very deep meaning - and just today, I was paying attention to the lyrics of the fifth track (I think) - knowledge is light. Hit me straight to the heart.




Shakautu ila Waki` su'a hifdhi
wa arshada-ni an tark al-ma`asi
wa akhbara-ni bi anna ilman nur
wa nur Allah la yu`ta al-`as

The great Imam ash-Shafi', he went to his teacher Waki`
Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
He told him, 'abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.'


It is so frustrating to read the same topic all over again, yet not to be able to answer or explain when being asked about it. Very, very frustrating. Please help us all, Allah.

No comments: