Monday, January 05, 2009

LEARNING FROM THE KIDS [again]


Yesterday, Balai Malaysia (Malay community in Newcastle) had organised its first camp for the children - it was Kem Pemantapan Solat i.e. a four hour course to teach children how to pray and improve their prayers.

When those children were asked why do we have to pray, some of the answers were:

1. Because we are muslims
2. Because Allah asks us to pray
3. Because this is the way we thank Allah as he created us
4. Because we must do good things and want to enter heaven
[source: balai mailinglist]

And masyaAllah, one of them answered because we want to save GAZA people.

And I asked the students in my group to list up three things they like the most, because they can have them all in heaven if they do good things. At least one of these came up their list:

1. Allah
2. Rasulullah
3. Parents

Ya Allah, I am so proud of them. Mind you, they were all 6 and 7 years old (those in my groups), and the whole group of children was comprised of those from age of 4 - 12.

When I was asked to list up 3 things that make me happy in one of my p4p sessions, I listed down the 3Fs - family and friends, and food. Also money hehe (I was so broke). Shame on me.

Save people in Gaza, and Allah and rasulullah on top of the list. What more can I tell you. Learn from them. The little caliphs...

No comments: