Wednesday, October 05, 2005

GOOD START SO FAR

Just want to share my excitement here.

I was so worried about getting a new partner for my patient study. I hope to get somebody that I can at least work with, of course. Somebody who knows me not being able to understand Geordie accent. Me needing much more time to speak out what is in my mind in English.

I love doing family study with my partner last year, Oniye. And she looks comfortable with me and my friends too. In fact she joined our study group last year. And it was so funny when I was asking a question in BM that day, and she answered my question, which happened to be a correct one. No shock please. Not that she answered my question in BM too. It was either yes or no answer. She got it right - which means she understood my question. Apart from most of the terms being in English, I am quite sure the rest was in Malay. I didn't realise I was asking in Malay at that particular time though, but right after she answered my Q, the others were laughing and said "That's a right answer!" And I was like, so if it's correct, why should they be laughing?? Didn't realise it until they mention it to me. Blurry me. Don't think Oniye did either.

And yesterday was the day. We were warned that this time we won't be able to choose our own partner. And we will definitely not get the same one we've got last year. And tick tock...tick tock... my GP tutor gave us numbers to randomly select our new partner. And I was so relieved and pleased and grateful to get no 3 and the other person who got the same number was Lara. Thank god I got her. I know I am so comfy being with her too. She is one of them that not only I can work with, but love and happy to work with. We talked about my problem the other day when our group were having a social dinner together before easter last year. No, this year, but last term. (I wasn't even here in March last year;)) Oh yeah, and she has her own car although I am not sure if we'll just be using public transport, but that doesn't matter. As long as I get somebody I am happy to do work with, I don't mind walking.

When I was about to tell her how pleased I am to get her, she told me she was pleased to get me first. Heh, how could it be the other way round. I SHOULD BE THE ONE WHO WILL NEED MUCH MORE OF HER HELP I SUPPOSE. She is so nice and I can't wait to get started with the patient study. Oh. And I hope the patient attached to me will be a generous and kind one too. And understanding. That is the most important thing.

And my new GP tutor was so nice too. If only I like MiC stuff so much, I would be looking forward to meeting her in seminars too. But the fact is, MiC is not in my interest at all. I prefer learning the complicated neurones thingy and hold half part of the brain in my hand and recognise which one is the sulci, and ventricles, and all those overlapping arteries rather than MiC stuff. Or PPD.

I know there was this big smile on my face. I can't help smiling until I had my iftar at the mosque yesterday. God had helped me. I am so grateful. Alhamdulillah. I did enjoy my 1st day of Ramadhan after all.

No comments: