Sunday, June 26, 2005

JETLAG

Please do not assume that I am exaggerating this, but a week in Malaysia...I am not yet recovering from my jetlag. Yup, I am still living in UK time. Went to bed at 12 last night coz promised to meet Ija at MAS office today. But I couldn't sleep at all. The last time I glanced at the alarm clock on the table, it was 3.24 a.m. Not sure what time did I fall asleep after that.

Remembering the times when I first arrived in Newcastle last year. It took me more than a week to sleep at 'normal' time again. It was my first time experiencing the lag in time, as it was my first time travelling oversea. I slept at 9, or 8 probably; and woke up at three (or maybe two) in the morning. It was so cold (haven't bought my precious underblanket taht time), and I kept trying to sleep (but kept waking up again and again) so that at least I will have enough sleep and avoid that bad habit of sleeping in the class (or should I call it lecture by now?) Then, I managed to adapt myself, and had my day and night returned to a normal circle based on UK time.

The difference between the present jetlag and the past one is that in the latter, I had always tried to make myself sleep at times that my brain perceived as night. As for now, I don't really mind staying up late at night and waking up a BIT late in the morning coz nothing waited for me the next day. Except for today. Like I said before, coz I had promised Ija to meet her.

The point is... I don't really know what am I trying to say here. But anyway. The point is, when you know that you have a responsibility lying ahead, ie when you are always aware of your responsibility (in my case, it was the promise I made), you will always try to work towards it, doing things that you should do. The problem with us is that sometimes, we can't really see what our responsiblities are. We always forget our biggest responsibilities on the earth. If we are always aware of those... then things would be so much different, I believe. (Watched Star Wars last night, =P hehe)

"Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or blind or lame), and those who strive hard and fight in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home). Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward". [4;95]

No comments: