Thursday, October 23, 2008

WHITEHAVEN

I might have a thousand and one complaints I would want to tell, but having been here for the past 5 days so far, there are of course the good things of being here in Whitehaven. Well, I get an accommodation to stay so at least I do not have to travel much - only in weekends at least. Although the road to get here was terrible. Well maybe it was the horrible weather last Sunday as well that made driving so difficult. It was raining the whole journey once I passed Hexham. 50 mph and I felt the car was nearly blown away already. It took me 3 hours to get here. Thankfully the hospital was clearly signposted so I did not have troubles finding it in the town (it is actually out of town). Just imagine if they do not provide accommodation here...

And, the view outside my window is breathtaking. Well, it is very near to Lake District anyway - a doctor was saying its 25 mins drive to Keswick - I have been there and it's gorgeous but it won't be if I do not spend it with good friends of mine. By the way, the picture above is the view from my window which is not too nice because the window could not be open wide enough for the camera to go out. The room is quite small (which I do not really mind). I guess people who phoned me in the past 4 days know what I am not so keen about living here. I am not going to pour them into this entry. Except one thing, my room heater is not working and it is extremely cold here. I am now in fact listening to the wind whistling against the window. I have not been sleeping well since I got here. It is freeeeeezing.

It makes me homeNEWCASTLEsick (although the weather would be more or less the same, I suppose) and homeMALAYSIAsick every time I think about it. Well, at least I now have internet connection - that will keep me busy. I really need it particularly in these couple of weeks especially for my elective report and for the foundation school application. Stress!!!!

One more brownie point - the staff here are friendly, as those in Carlisle. Although I must say the last session today was daunting.

Talk about good things Iffa.

Dila my exhousemate has gone back to Malaysia for good. I remember upon arrival to Newcastle first time in 2004, I was sent to 41 Brighton Grove (where I used to live), and Dila was the one who opened the door for me. I seriously thought she was a senior, all the memories are coming back to me really clearly now. I think I will miss her really sweet text messages the most.

The former 196 + Athirah

To Dila, all the best in whatever you do. Keep being nice, warm and sweet. And keep doing the right thing even though it might be hard to do so. Please do not change for worse the next time I see you as I anticipate a really big battle for you to go against in Malaysia. Make sure you have someone to always remind you and guide you to the right path.

May Allah bless u (and me too).

No comments: