Wednesday, April 16, 2008

DOING THINGS CHANGES THINGS

I first used to watch House MD in my second year, when in our study group, one of us mentioned it helped him to memorise the clinical presentation of a certain disease due to watching the TV series. But watching it at that time put me off really so I stopped watching it. All it did was giving me headache - House and his team do the differentials too quick, I could hardly pick it up.

Then after a year, I started watching it again, and it does make more sense now, although most of the time, I do feel left behind. And it still is giving me headache every time I watch it. I do not know why I am stuck with it, but I am now on season 3. (it's season 4 on telly now)

There are times I enjoy his arguments with his colleagues or with his patients. But some other times, I do not agree a lot with Dr House particularly when he talks about his belief upon the non-existence of God.

Just a quote from the episode I have just finished watching:

[situation: a patient was asking House to talk about anything]

House: If we talk about anything, nothing will change.

Patient: It might.

House: How?

Patient: Time. Time changes everything.

House: That's what people say. It's not true. Doing things changes things. Not doing things leaves things exactly where they were.

There is always something to learn, be it the medical aspect or not.

No comments: