Monday, October 16, 2006

KEYBOARD CHALLENGE

It is almost two months since I updated my blog. And I am struggling with the keyboard right now since it is not working perfectly as it used to. Moral of the story: Never place a glass of water next to your laptop when a chance for a book to fall and knock that glass of tea off is very likely. And more importantly, do not blow your wet keyboard with a hair dryer!

Always came up with ideas to write, but either too busy or too lazy to type them down. Time flies as quick as you could ever imagine. Third year is interesting but is very very tiring. It is already the 21st day of Ramadhan - presuming more people will be going to masjid as it is in these last ten days that the muslims should be decorating their path of finding the lailatul qadr, a night that is better than a thousand months (right?). Well at least that happens in here - reflecting me when I was back in Malaysia, final 10 days of Ramadhan, would probably be busy with the kuih raya (nyumnyum) and "preparation" for raya.

I miss my normal keyboard!!!!!

Ok. So I joined an arabic class today after 5 years leaving the language of the paradise behind, since form 5. And it was fine, very great indeed. But that's not the point. We had a conversation about the eid. All other students are married, and they were thinking about making eid celebration as the best one especially for their children. I thought it was because you know, it is mainly the kids who enjoy any celebration the most above all others. (I did).

But no. They have to make it the best celebration because it is a religious celebration and the kids need to know that it is more important than christmas celebration (which in general, is obviously important here for the Christians and any kid would enjoy it, trust me, christmas shopping starts as early as in this month already). They do not want their children to love other celebrations more than our own religious celebrations. Never thought of it that way before. Probably because the situation in Malaysia is totally different.

Seriously I do not like typing using this keyboard anymore.

All the best in finding the night, and EIDUKUM MUBAARAK.

No comments: